I’ll be showing you the same stamp with two different colouring techniques.
The first, is done in old good no-line watercolouring. For it, I prepared a piece of Bristol cardstock, stamped the image with a neutral ink and proceeded to watercolour the flowers only using my Zig Kuretake brush markers. Then, I splattered some white gouache around and added a few drops of glitter. I stamped the image again on a separate cardstock, in this case black, fussy cut it and adhered it to the coloured image.I then die cut the ribbon on metallic cardstock and glued it over top of the bow in the pot. For the background, I used a piece of the Christmas Vibes paper set and added glitter paste over the Playful Dots stencil. I trimmed a piece of thick vellum, stamped a sentiment from the same set and adhered the main image on top. I then assembled all the panels together over an A2 card base and added a few gold foiled pearls as a final touch.
For the second card, I used the no-fuss watercolour technique, a real favourite of mine. Again, stamping the image on Bristol cardstock, this time in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I also used the same Zig markers. This technique consists in adding random brush strokes to the image, using 2 or 3 different colours within the same family. You don’t have to be too careful, stay within the limits of the image, in this case the leaves but do not cover them all. Then, I added water with a mister so the colours start to blend freely. Let it dry and you’ll end up with a more organic result. Die cut the image with the matching die. I used the same method of the previous card for the pot, but this time using green cardstock and stamped in white. I also added a die cut piece of the bow in silver mirror cardstock.
For the background, I blended some purple inks and added glitter paste overtop with the Snowy Magic stencil. I stamped a sentiment also from the same set, cut it to a thin strip and wrapped it around the main panel. I then foam mounted the panel on an A2 card base. To finalize, I added a few glitter drops in the centre of the flowers and the berries.
I didn’t think this second technique would work with this stamp but it did, which tells of the versatility of the design. I hope you enjoy the photos and reading about the project!
Thanks so much for stopping by and see you next time!