Hello dear crafters,
Today I’m showing a clean and simple card with a little twist, a spinning heart in the centre with an opening that also works as a window to the inside of the card. It might look complicated but it’s not!
Here are the easy steps:
- I used the the Hearts Duo stencils to do some ink blending on a piece of white cardstock, and trimmed it to 4 ¼ to 5 ½ “ (A2 size)
- Lined the inked panel with the front of an A2 card base and placed the large Simple Dotted Hearts die in the centre and ran it through the die cut machine. If the card base does not get cut, place the die again in the same position but only on the cardbase and feed it again through the die cut machine. This will create a heart shaped window.
- I used the smaller heart from the Simple Dotted Hearts set and cut it twice from a piece of glitter cardstock.
- Aligning both front panels, I added a piece of metallic thread in between the panels and secured it tightly. Then, glued both panels together.
- With the card closed, aligned and glued the large inked heart. When the card opens, the heart will be right in the centre of the inside and when it closes, it will look as if part of the front panel.
- I then glued the 2 glittery hearts in the centre of the thread. Give it a few minutes to dry. Open the card and have fun spinning that heart around.
- I had some leftover colored Gnomies from a different project, so I decided to add it to the front panel.
- I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from the Mini Love Greetings on black cardstock, and placed it at the bottom of the window.
- And finally, I added some yellow and pink pearls scattered around the front panel and a few Rose Hearts Glitter on the inside heart.
I hope you like it and that you give this technique a try. It’s so cool!
Thanks for reading and see you next time!
Here is the list of Studio Katia products I used: