Hello friends! Today’s card brings up a very familiar summer image. It features the Mini Slimline Sunflowers. Sunflowers make a statement, you can’t miss them even if you tried. This is why I used a very bright and bold colour palette to bring this stamp to life.
Here are the steps for this card:
- Stamp the Sunflowers image on thick watercolour paper, using watermark ink.
- Add white embossing powder and heat set.
- Colour the image with your favourite watercolour medium. I used a range of 3 yellow tones (light and toasted yellow and mustard) for the petals. I mixed them up randomly to get an organic look, adding a few extra accents in some areas. This technique is not suppose to be perfect, and it’s ideal for beginners.
- Allow time for the piece to dry well.
- Use the matching Sunflowers die set to cut the image. Also cut a few other pieces from regular cardstock to layer up. Add foam tape to the back of the image.
- For the main panel, I cut a frame from textured white cardstock using the Mini Slimline Hearts and adhered it to a cardbase.
- Stamp the Thankful sentiment directly on the main panel. Stamp the other part of the sentiment, on black cardstock, add embossing powder and heat set.
- Now, adhere the flowers in the centre of the panel.
- As a special touch, I wrapped around some green twine to the side of the panel, and glue a few pearls.
I think it’s safe to say that this qualify as a CAS card. It has a simple look and it can be put together in a short amount of time. You can give it a try with any of Studio Katia’s Mini Slimline stamps.
Thanks so much for visiting. See you next time!