Hi everyone, it’s Day 3 of New Release Sneak Peek.
Svitlana is here today I want to share a card, made using some supplies you can find in store now and some will be released the next week.
I made a fall and fruitful card, using Stitched Creative Window die and new Teacher’s Apple stamp set. The idea was to picture some kind of storage of apple harvest. The shape of this die remind me shelving unit
First on three pieces of white cardstock I traced the die-cut inside parts to know the borders I needed to keep my stamping in. I could just die-cut them and use for stamping. But these die-cuts have stitching and I wanted all stamping and inking to happen before, or kind of under this stitching.
Handfuls of apples were stamped on these pieces, I used masking paper to mask off those positioned in front.
Then they were colored by inking with Scattered Straw and Ripe Persimmon Distress inks. I made a negative masks from masking paper, was applying negative mask (and positive where needed) and inked apples. I like the perfect blending I got using this method. It’s much harder to get the same results using markers or some other coloring method. Unless you’re an expert in it.
After I had all my apples colored – I masked them off and inked the background using Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Inks. And then I cut out my “shelving unit” insides with Stitched Creative Window die.
The outer part of it first was cut out of Kraft cardstock. Next I stamped a woodgrain pattern with Hero Arts Design Woodgrain rubber background stamp using SSS Dark Chocolate ink.
And inked over using Ground Espresso Distress ink the same ink with an ink applicator.
When all distress coloring was finished I sprayed these pieces with water, using Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer. Distresses reacted with water, adding some texture and interest to otherwise flat background.
Then I started assembling the shaker.
First the dimensional part was die-cut using the same die out of brown sticky back foam. This foam has adhesive on one side and I needed both sides to be sticky. So I applied Stick-It piece onto another side before die-cutting. Stick-It is very thin adhesive. It almost doesn’t add any bulk and it’s safe to use it with die-cutting machine. I adhered the foam die-cut to an A2 top folded card I cut and scored using Neenah Solar White cardstock. Next I inserted inside pieces it their corresponding negative spaces. Added sequins from Autumn mix and some Gold Foil Seed Beads.
After that I cut out a plastic piece using my scissors and adhered it to the foam die-cut, followed by adhering the top die-cut (with woodgrain design) on the plastic using Ranger Glossy Accents glue.
I cut out a banner using Wplus9 banner die, inked it with Tumbled Glass Distress and stamped the sentiment from to be released Duo Talk stamp set. Then this sentiment was adhered onto the shaker, one part of t I adhered flat on the die-cut using Tombo Mono Glue, and part – on the plastic, using a glue dot (I needed some dimension for this part and didn’t want it to be visible, so used a thick glue dot here).
To finish off my card I added some sequins from the same mix and sprinkled with Tarnished Brass Distress Spray.
So here you have it – an apple harvest storage unit Hope you like my card and have a great day!
Stitched Creative Window | Creative Dies
Teacher’s Apple Clear Stamp Set
Autumn Sequins Fusion
What a creative way to use this great die. Wonderful card.