Hello, fellow papercrafters! Bonnie here from BONNIECAROLLEE Makes Cards. I am very excited for my first post on Studio Katia! I love dainty, little notecards and have a couple of examples featuring the gorgeous Peony Trimmings Stamp Set and Mini Slimline Set 1. Peony Trimmings comes with two images and lots of sentiments. I used a different image on each card but needed smaller sentiments to incorporate on these mini slimlines. Mini Sending Sentiments worked perfectly!.
- Both peony images were stamped using a grey ink on cream card stock.
- The images were coloured with Faber Castell Coloured Pencils. For the peonies, Red Violet, Pink Madder Lake and White were used. The flower centres were coloured with Cadmium Yellow. The leaves were done up in Olive Green, Earth Green Yellowish and Light Green.
- Working one petal at a time, the first layer of colour was applied in light, small circular motions starting with the darkest tone in the shadow areas and then moving to the lighter colours for the highlights. The colour is applied about three times overlapping them for a smooth blend. To add texture at the end, the darkest tone was applied starting at the base of each petal in flicking motions.
- The peony images were fussy cut, adhered to black card stock and fussy cut again.
- The two card fronts were created with Mini Slimline Set 1. The scalloped die was used to cut both cream and black card stock. The scalloped edges were masked and stencilled with Brush Stroke Waves using Versamark ink and embossed in gold. The scalloped edges on the black card front were also embossed.
- The Mini Slimline Set 1 includes two flag label dies which were used to cut vellum paper. The sentiments from Mini Sending Sentiments were stamped with Versamark on the die cuts and embossed in gold.
- The panels were adhered to black card bases measuring 3″ by 6″.
- The cards were embellished with Cafe Au Lait Pearls.
A video tutorial is available for these sweet, diminutive cards HERE.
Additional Supplies Used:
Thank you so much for your visit!